The Ice Mountain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - Review

2 posters

Go down

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - Review Empty Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - Review

Post  Majin Kedamoki Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Yep, I'm back with another video game review, this time about the much wanted Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which I just bought today

~*GRAPHICS*~

Ok I want to break this into 3 parts. Character models, backgrounds, and effects. First off, the characters. They're all in 3D, so they're constantly moving, yet they're not stiff. The characters all have noticeable facial expressions(save for the 2 robots and final boss since it has no face) and they're all in character. The characters themselves look incredibly detailed, looking perfectly like an updated version of their original appearances. Even the Tatsunoko characters are really well modeled. Next is the backgrounds. Again, it's 3D. This isn't a problem though, as it adds SO much depth into the stage you're fighting in. The background characters and environment are lively. A good example of that would be the mall which Dead Rising takes place in. That stage is filled with zombies and whatnot, and you can see them all wandering nowhere in the background, some even hanging off the banners. Some of them even try to get close to the action. Now for the effects. In true Vs. Capcom style, the effects of this game are over the top and amazing. From screen filling explosions to rapid machine gun fire, and everything in between, this game has the effects down right.

There's nothing wrong I can say about the graphics. It gets a 5/5

~*SOUND/MUSIC*~

There's a lot of music in this game. But, there is only one problem I have with it, and this is purely my opinion. So if you don't like what I say, know that it's MY opinion, and I'm nowhere near the status of a professional reviewer ok? The intro to the American release of this game. The animation itself, if you can call it that, isn't all that bad. But, they removed the kick ass music the Japanese version had, and replaced it with rap. In short, they 4kids'd the intro of the game. Other sounds, however, are spot on. The little things are noticeable as well. So all in all, good sound, good music, just bad intro music. 4.5/5

~*STORY*~
N/A

~*CONTROLS/GAMEPLAY*~

A standard Arcade fighter game incredibly similar to previous Vs Capcom games. With that in mind, it does have its flaws. But the positives outweigh the negatives. First off, this can be taken either way. It's no longer a 6 button combat system. No more High Kick/Punch, Mid Kick/Punch, and Low Kick/Punch. It's now High Attack, Mid Attack, Low Attack. It still has the partner button however. Now this can be viewed as both a positive and a negative, as I'm sure most players are used to the 6 button layout. It's a little confusing, but it's easily learned. The Hyper Combos are a little tricky to pull off as well. Now, the negatives I have are the sluggish speed of the fighters, and the Partner-Hyper Combo attacks. The speed makes it a little difficult to dodge or close in on your opponent. And the partner attack is annoying, since the timing needed to pull off a Hyper Combo Partner attack is pinpoint. Not many people will get it. That aside, switching to your partner mid-fight, and the ability to start the fight off AS your partner make up for it. 3.5/5

~*CLOSING REMARKS*~

A great fighting game, but the only drawback is that it's exclusively for the Wii. If you own a Wii, I definitely recommend picking this game up. It's fun, has tons of possible character combinations, and best of all it can be played online.

Last edited by Majin Kedamoki on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Majin Kedamoki
Majin Kedamoki
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - Review Empty Re: Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - Review

Post  Tailslover13 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 am

Very nice review. I have yet to play that game, but you've pipped my interest. I own a Wii, and my friend (who is the king of computers) knows how to download Wii games for me. Therefore, any time I want this game, I can just to go to him and ask for it. Thanks very much for your review; video game reviews from true fans are always appreciated.
Tailslover13
Tailslover13

http://chimcharlover13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Majin Kedamoki Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 am

If you're interested in seeing how the game plays, I recorded some footage and have it posted on Youtube

Majin Kedamoki
Majin Kedamoki
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tailslover13 Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:42 am

That's really nice of you, but my stupid slow computer won't really let me view YouTube things...which really angers me.
Tailslover13
Tailslover13

http://chimcharlover13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down