The Ice Mountain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majin Reviews Portal

2 posters

Go down

Majin Reviews Portal Empty Majin Reviews Portal

Post  Majin Kedamoki Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

The cake is a lie!

So today I beat Portal, and it was fun. I played the Xbox 360 version, so here's my review of it.

GRAPHICS
The graphics are pretty good. It gives you the feel that you're in an actual laboratory. The effects of the portals, the turrets and all the sparks of the electricity. Even the acid pools look rather realistic. It's great to look at, but the only problem I have is with the character model. It looks a little too bland and generic, no life to her face whatsoever. So I give this a 3/5

SOUND/MUSIC
There's not much to this part. Hardly any music in the game, aside from Still Alive. The sounds are just your footsteps, the monotone robotic voice, and gunfire. Though it adds to the suspense that you may end up dying in this lab. 4/5

STORY
Like the sound, there's not much to the story. You're a test subject in a laboratory, and you have to complete a bunch of tests in order to provide data for GLaDOS. You're promised cake for passing all your tests, but that's about it. 2/5

CONTROLS/GAMEPLAY
Here's the meat of it. At first you can't do much aside from jump, crouch, and pick things up. After a while, you get the portal gun, and a bit later the fully upgraded portal gun. It's first person so you get a good feel of where you are. It's 90% puzzle, 10% survival, so you have to be careful at some points, to make sure you don't get killed while trying to do the tests. You can use the portals to your advantage, and to get around. Jumping sucks though, as you can't jump any higher than what feels like 2 inches. So you may need to stack objects in order to jump up to high spots. All in all, the controls are a lot better than what I expected. 4/5

CLOSING REMARKS
Portal is pretty fun, but it can be frustrating at times. I definitely say you should pick it up.
Majin Kedamoki
Majin Kedamoki
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Majin Reviews Portal Empty Re: Majin Reviews Portal

Post  Flashlight Antics Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
The cake is a lie...
The cake is a lie...
The cake is a lie...
The cake is a lie...
The cake is a lie...
I like waffles! ^_^
Flashlight Antics
Flashlight Antics

Location : The world of cliches saying things like"behind you" and "in your closet"

http://chaosreigns.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down